Team Building Event Host (Boston)
Earn up to $275 per 3 hour shift (while having fun!)
We are looking for fun and engaging hosts to run team building events for corporate groups. For example, you will be running guacamole making competitions, scavenger hunts, and mix-and-mingles.
- host fun events for our clients
- be part of an awesome team
- have a cool role that pays well
If you're passionate about creating authentic interactions, commanding a room, and being the life of the party, this opportunity is perfect for you! Join our team and experience the joy of building happier teams while enjoying the following benefits:
Compensation and Schedule
- Pay for independent contractors is a flat rate plus gratuity.
- Lead Host: $100 to $125 per event (~$40/hour) based on event type, plus gratuity.
- Co-Host: $60 to $85 per event (~$25/hour) based on event type, plus gratuity.
- Average gratuity is $150 per event, with 75% going to the Lead Host and 25% to the Co-Host.
- Total compensation for Host estimated between $100 to $275/event and Co-Host $60 to $97.50/event.
- Flexible weekday daytime availability with events running from 10am - 7pm (local time).
- Estimated workload of 2-3 events monthly from May to September and 6+ events monthly from October to December.
- "People person" with excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Extremely reliable with exceptional attendance record.
- Detail-oriented and capable of giving clear instructions for game set-up.
- Comfortable being in the spotlight and the life of the party.
- Ability to think on your feet and creatively problem-solve in front of guests.
- Personable communication in English with an emphasis on authentic language.
- Willingness to attend and successfully pass training, including a skills demo.
- Age 21+ with flexible weekday daytime availability.
- Ability to stand for 2-3 hours and manage supplies.
- Experience in theater, improv, performance, comedy, training, or customer-facing roles preferred.
- Own reliable transportation required for traveling to event locations.
At teambuilding.com, we specialize in hosting surprisingly fun in-person and virtual team building events. Join us as we celebrate important occasions such as Black History Month, Women's History Month, Earth Day, Mental Health Awareness, Pride Month, and more. With our hub cities expanding to Dallas, Austin, Boston, DC, and San Francisco, this is your chance to be a part of our mission to build happier teams.
We are looking for in-person event hosts to join us in the hub cities, with job-site training starting as early as June 2023.
How to Apply (+ pro tips)
If you're excited about this role, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every single requirement. At teambuilding.com, we value diversity and believe in building a Culture Add Inclusive workforce. To apply, follow these steps:
- Submit an application online. Please avoid emails or phone calls.
- Include a ~1 min self-tape audition showcasing your hosting energy and personality. Upload the video to YouTube (unlisted, not private) and share the link in the application. Raw smartphone videos are welcome!
- Optional - Create a cover letter highlighting who you are, why you're interested in this job, your Superpower, and your availability.
- Feel free to invite your friends to apply. If both of you are a good fit, you may have the opportunity to run events together.
At teambuilding.com, we believe that every candidate brings unique strengths to the table, and we encourage you to apply if you're enthusiastic about this role. You may be the perfect fit for this or other positions within our organization.